Our Playschool is a non-profit, parent-run cooperative affiliated with the HHBH Community Association. We believe the classroom should be happy, stimulating and playful; encouraging each child to maintain a healthy, natural desire to cooperate and learn. Overall, our program is rooted in kindness — we are kind to ourselves, kind to each other and kind to our classroom.
“Play is the highest form of research."
— albert einstein
To provide a play-based, environment which encourages each child to develop socially, physically, emotionally, intellectually, morally and creatively.
To nurture self-respect, self-control, self-expression and responsibility for ourself, for others and for our environment.
inspire Love of learning
To inspire a love of learning by developing Pre-K skills through play, music, movement, drama and storytelling in a relaxed, playful setting.
“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning but for children play is serious learning. Play is the work of childhood."
— Mr. Rogers
- Greeting - Child helper of the day assists teacher in welcoming classmates upon arrival.
- Free play - Blocks, puzzles, books, science, drama, listening/audio, water & sand tables, playdough, painting and crafts.
- Tidy-up - Children are encouraged to participate.
- Gym - Class has use of school gymnasium on a regular basis.
- Snack - Parent helper for the day provides a healthy snack for all children.
- Circle time - Children listen, share and participate in songs, finger plays, felt stories, books and games. Child helper takes a turn at show & tell.
- Program enrichment - Classroom visitors (firefighter, librarian), music, science activities, etc.